Sunday, December 03, 2006

No scoreboard operator left behind

Went to the Philadelphia Flyers game yesterday, and got myself disgraced by my fellow Pennsylvanians.

No, I don't mean the Flyers, who blew a one-goal lead - on the power play! - with less than two minutes left, and went on to lose via shootout.

I'm talking about the folks putting up the out-of-town scores on the JumboTron.

It's bad enough that when they posted the Rutgers-West Virginia Big East college football game's halftime score, they misspelled West Virginia as "West Virgina," but...

When they posted the New York Islanders-Pittsburgh Penguins score, they managed to misspell Pittsburgh.

Now, I'm sure plenty of people forget the "h" on the end of the "Pittsburg," but for crying out loud, the city's in the same state!

I got a better edjucatation than that back home, and it wasn't that long ago. Shameful, Flyers, shameful.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

"West Virgina"
I think they had something else on their minds.

Personally I am a fan of the Eastern variety.

jin said...

Ha! I was going to say what real said....I bet it was a DARE!

Google