Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Well, I did it...

I upgraded my template.

It looks a little different, but everything's there that was before (except stuff I didn't want anymore).

Yay!

The basic changes:

1. The counter is on the right, in the sidebar. Looked better.
2. The ad experiment is at the bottom. It was the only way I could get it back.
3. I deleted the "my lousy taste in music" section because I haven't been using my iPod in the car lately due to a lack of an adaptor.
4. I seem to have lost the little Blogger button on the blog itself. Not my fault!

Otherwise, it's all there. I think.

Yay!

Oh, and now I can do labels. Excellent! I may or may not go back and retroactively add them to old posts. That seems like quite a chore.

(Yeah, I figure there may be some bumps in the road. It's a Beta, after all. Bear with me. Or with Blogger, really.)

4 Comments:

jin said...

OH!!! Looks GOOD!!!
I do LOVE the fact that you can go through previous months by post title.
Was it difficult?
Should I do it?
Why are we here?
Is there life on other planets?
Why do remakes always suck?

Stewie said...

Looks good, and keep the ads on the bottom please. Your blog looks better without them.

The blogroll is cool, as is (what jin said), you can go through previous months by post.

If you need any help, just let me know!

Remakes don't always suck, jin. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a prime example of this. ;p .

Ace said...

I put the ads whereever I could figure out the coding. Part of the reason I added them was to experiment with the HTML, which I can't do now.

I like the archive format, too.

Jin: If you do it, it'll take some time, it won't quite look the same, and you'd better copy your HTML somewhere if you've done anything extensive - you can add the third-party HTML back in (a la the ads or the Sloganizer thing or my counter) but you have to reinput the coding.

As for the rest... 42.

And I agree with Stewie on TCM (and DotD, as a stand-alone).

jin said...

Ok, I admit I liked TCM.
(HAHA! I had to watch it after D went to sleep, he was not pleased with my choice AT ALL!!! Heeheehee!!! and that was a NOISY ONE!!! LMAO!!!)

ok...DotD (I'm tired, bear with me...Dawn of the Dead? or Day of the Dead...they remade both, right, or not? I loved BOTH the originals...I think I work too hard...now I can't remeber the remakes...lol....

p.s. like the new munkee in the sidebar...

Google