Monday, August 07, 2006

Booking!

Swiped this from Stewie.

1. One book that changed your life.
"Ice Station," by Matthew Reilly. Best random at-the-register purchase ever. And probably my favorite book.

2. One book you've read more than once.
"Lightning," by Dean Koontz, which is a really great thriller with a terrific conceit.

I read lots of books more than once.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island.
Probably "The Complete Works of Shakespeare." Why? Because it's long and has lots of stuff.

And because "The Complete Works of Preston & Child" hasn't yet been compiled.

4. One book that made you laugh.
OK, this is going to sound really wrong, but I can't think of anything offhand except... "The Fredericksburg Campaign: Winter War on the Rappahannock," by Francis O'Reilly.

I know, doesn't sound funny. But there's a scene in which a Union soldier manages to avoid death on the battlefield when the man next to him is decapitated by a cannon shot... and the flying severed head knocks the other dude unconscious.

I laughed. Out loud. Sue me.

5. One book that made you cry.
I can't think of one of these, either. But I know it happens. I'm all emotional that way.

6. One book that you wish had been written.
Not sure, but I imagine it would have my name on it as the author!

Or possibly, "The History of Munkees."

7. One book that you wish had never been written.
I don't know, maybe something by the Nazis like "Mein Kampf," or something else by some asshole. Or maybe, on a lesser scale, Reilly's "Scarecrow," which killed off one of my favorite characters.

8. One book you're currently reading.
I'm actually in between books at the moment. Just re-read "Phantoms," by Koontz, which is much better than the movie but still kind of throwaway. And I think I'll be on to "Joe R. Lansdale's Lords of the Razor" next.

9. One book you've been meaning to read.
You know that limited-edition horror addiction I've been mentioning...? Well, I'm way behind.

I love books! Pass it on!

1 Comment:

Stewie said...

I'm down for the Preston & Child whatshisface series.

The character I like so much, but forgot his name.

DAMMIT!

Google