Thursday, August 24, 2006

Technical spiffy-culties!

Oh, and one more thing I should mention:

I upgraded to "Blogger Beta" today, so there may be some technical issues. Do let me know if anything seems funky.

Not that I'll be able to figure it out. But it'll be nice to know about.

I'm probably going to try to complete the upgrade by changing my template at some point, but I loathe the idea of losing the various sidebars I've so carefully managed to insert into the HTML of the page.

Hopefully this will be a good thing for the blog, and thus for you, my readers.

If not, well, it's all just a grand experiment anyway. Sometimes you get penicillin, sometimes you just get mold.

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

The only blogger beta thing I have noticed is that the people who upgrade get their rss feeds republished. So I had 25 new posts from you tonight in my RSS reader.

As for the sidebar those items should be really easy to put in the new templates. If you pick one of their default templates they have a visual template editor that is really easy to use. You can see some pics I posted over on my betablog at http://realbeta.blogspot.com/2006/08/i-might-be-in-love-with-blogger-beta.html

As for the adsense. First I don't think the beta template visual editor have support for the adsense yet. However if you chose a new template and then went back to html editing I am sure you could get it to work. Second the adsense targeted ads should be based on the content of your blog. So when you wrote about snakes on a plain then you would get movie ads etc... One more thing is that you are not supposed to tell people to click on the ads (but it is really nice when they do), you will earn a little bit based on views (I mean a real little bit) without clicks and lastly you are not supposed to disclose how much revenue your ads generate for you.

Have fun with the beta, they won't let me change my existing ones yet, so I had to start the new one to play around with it.

Ace said...

OK, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Google account.

But I think I finally comment again on MY OWN FREAKIN' BLOG.

Thanks for the info. Funny how they won't let you convert, but they let me, and here you know so much about it, and I don't have a clue.

I'd apologize for the RSS thing, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

jin said...

Ok, something seems funky.
But I think it's just whatever my dog ate for lunch.
So, don't try to fix it until I know for sure.

Really said...

Ummm, your google ads are pimping "Hawaii Gays & Lesbians" to me on your site.

Stewie said...

you're a smart guy, man.

basic html is pretty easy once you start fooling with it.

Google