Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lack of coordination

I'm thinking about moving my blog over to MySpace.

Or maybe doing something else.

I feel very uncoordinated. I have a random, unofficial homepage on EarthLink. I have an official homepage at DonkeyHat. I have a MySpace page. I have a blog (here, duh!). I have Web sites I write for.

I don't know what to do. I'm overwhelmed by the unintentional massiveness of my Internet presence.

I feel like I should have one big ol' home for me. With links to everywhere else. Or something. I don't know.

I like what I've done with my blog, but I know I can copy the posts all over to MySpace and backdate them.

Or I could try to convert my unofficial homepage over to the blog itself. It's mostly just links anyway. And it's also called "Life on the Rim."

Decisions, decisions. If I move to MySpace, I'll have to find a template. I just have the generic one. And it took me so long to figure out how to make this blog template so cool, I'd hate to give that up.

Confusedmunkee. Chaosmunkee.

Mood: Befuddled

4 Comments:

Lesley said...

I wouldn't give up Blogger in favor of MySpace. I think Blogger is a much better blogging tool than MySpace.

I also have both, and I use them for very different purposes. Blogger is my "real blog," whereas MySpace is my place to go be immature and emo.

Dino said...

I use myspace. I like it but I like the blogger better. For once if you want to comment on a myspace page they have to be in your friend cirlcle. But then I do like it where I can restrict my posts to who I want it to see.

Nicki said...

I have no idea how to tweak myspace, and very little knowledge of how to tweak blogger. But since I know more about blogger, I'm staying put. Myspace is just a way for me to know I have friends. I may not know their real names or ever talk to them, but their my friends because they're on my myspace.

Stewie said...

I don't know. Blogging on myspace seems so...

emo.

I think you'd reach a better audience on blogger.

Google