Friday, June 23, 2006

Hawaii Diarii, Day 6 (1st lede-writethru)

When last we left our intrepid hero, he was beach-bound, intent on burning off yet another layer of skin...

• Beach was actually nice. Did some reading, just got my feet wet in the water, but I was watching these little fish that would come crashing in with the tide, swim like hell, and then get swept back out, only to come crashing back in. And I put on plenty of suntan lotion, so I'm actually recovering from the burn, not making it worse.

• I ended up going to a comedy show at the hotel - dinner was a local microbrew and wings (interesting sweet undertone to the sauce) at the bar/club - and let me tell you, the show was hysterical. The undercard guys were Timmy and Big Steve (like Stewie, but different) and they were plenty fun, as was the MC, who cracked some jokes. But the main guy was Augie T., a Hawaiian, and he was HYSTERICAL. I mean, some stuff had me laughing so hard I nearly cried. I was clapping, pounding the table, it was so funny. The beer helped.

• After I'd sort of sobered up back at the room, I went for a walk on some far-off beach with some AAJA folks. Want to know why this is paradise? Four guys, about 15 girls. Nice walk on the beach and grass, with some beautiful stars under the clear sky. Then we snuck into some hotel to see the dolphins in their pond. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then, and I got a good picture of a couple of them, despite shooting essentially blind in the dark.


• Tally of random bride sightings at the hotel: 4 - all in full dress.

And thus to bed, at almost 1 a.m. local, perchance to dream.

On to the next part!

1 Comment:

Stewie said...

Damn. Every one of these updates makes me wish I had been doing the blog when I was in Russia.

:up:, sir.

Good stuff.

Google