Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Vacation, all I ever wanted

I'm on a much-needed vacation this week. So there probably won't be much posting.

My schedule, as planned, and thus far partially carried out:

SATURDAY:
Morning: Sleep. Afternoon: Edit Stewie's latest HorrorTalk review. Evening: Go to Philadelphia Flyers preseason game. Late-night: Do nothing.

SUNDAY:
Morning: Sleep. Afternoon: Do nothing. Evening: Go to Borders to use "personal shopping day." Late-night: Do nothing.

MONDAY:
Morning: Sleep. Afternoon: Watch "Curious George" with Mookie. Evening: Dinner with Sari at Newark's excellent Spanish Tavern. Late-night: Do nothing.

TUESDAY:
Morning: Sleep. Afternoon: Lunch with parents. Evening: New York Yankees game with Dad. Late-night: Watch (taped) finale of "The Contender," season 2.

WEDNESDAY:
Morning: Sleep. Afternoon: Lunch with parents. Evening: Do nothing. Late-night: Do nothing.

THURSDAY:
Morning: Sleep. Afternoon: Do nothing. Evening: Do nothing. Late-night: Do nothing.

FRIDAY:
Morning: Sleep. Afternoon: Do nothing. Evening: Fly to Oakland to cover the Oakland Raiders game for Raiderfans.net. Late-night: Munkee on a plane.

SATURDAY:
Morning: Sleep in Oakland. Afternoon: Do nothing in Oakland. Evening: Drink in Oakland. Late-night: Drink in Oakland.

SUNDAY:
Morning: Sleep in Oakland. Afternoon: Cover Raiders' game with the Cleveland Browns. Pray for win. Evening: Write article in Oakland. Late-night: Fly back to Jersey on the red eye.

As you can see, there's an awful lot of "do nothing," which can be interpreted as watching TV, watching movies, reading, eating, drinking, playing video games and watching more TV.

Somewhere in there, I gotta write some HorrorTalk reviews of my own.

Yeah, I'm probably the only guy in the world who's gonna chase "Curious George" with "Deadlands: The Rising" and "Rape is a Circle." What can I say? HorrorTalk's a genre site. And I've got a very obvious inner child.

Completely off topic, it's 14 days to "Mortal Kombat: Armageddon," which is my most-anticipated video game of the year. More than "Jaws Unleashed," more than "Madden," more than "Smackdown vs. Raw," more than anything. I love, love, love MK, and this is the MK to end all MKs.

3 Comments:

jin said...

OH! OH! OH!!!!
Can I please spend Thursday with you?
That's my idea of a GREAT day!!!
:-D

Stewie said...

dude, in my opinion, you have more than earned this vacation.

jin said...

So, it's Thursday today.
I hope it is going as planned.
I am SO jealous.
:-P

Google