Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I love surveys

I'm thinking my blog has been kind of depressing again. So I thought I'd do one of my favorite things: Fill out a survey! I love surveys, personality tests, all that crap. I once joined a dating service just to get the free personality survey results. Which was good, because I never got any dates out of it. Anyway, I got this from Norman, who got it from someone else who got it from blah blah blah Internet blah bundtcakes.

1. How did you get the idea for your profile name?
Ace is short for "Ace Rim Rat," which is my usual Internet handle, which is what I am: an ace rim rat! (A rim rat being a rim editor, being a type of copy editor. And me being a good one. Or having 10 kills, depending on the standard.)

2. What song are you playing now, or wish you were playing?
I have Justin Timpane's "Starbucks Nation" in my head. Which is OK, because it's a really good song, but not so OK, because it's catchy and been in my head for two days and is kind of getting on my nerves now. Download the MP3 at his Web site, and join me in bopping along.

3. Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry?
Probably. But I can't think of one offhand. It takes a lot, cynical journalist that I am, but I'm sure it's happened.

4. What colour underwear are you wearing?
Blue and black.

5. Do you want a baby?
Eventually, if only to try and reverse my karma and appease my (would-be grand)parents.

6. What does your dad do for a living?
Retired English professor at Bloomsburg University. He even has one of those jackets with the patches on the elbows.

7. What does your mum do for a living?
Former teacher and administrator, turned Children's Museum volunteer. She's been at it like 25 years, and never gotten a dime. She's a saint.

8. What is/are your pet's name(s)?
Morgan. He was a dachshund. He died last year. We've been over this. (See previous posts.) I'll never have another pet.

9. What colour are your bed sheets?
Gray and dark gray flannel. But I should probably change them soon.

10. What are the last 3 digits of your phone number?
109, like Kennedy's PT boat.

11. What was the last concert you went to?
Live and the Gin Blossoms.

12. Who was with you?
Stewie and some of his cool pals.

13. What was the last film you watched?
"Poseidon," on a date Saturday.

14. Who do you dislike most at this moment?
I can't say, because I'd like to keep my job.

15. What food do you crave right now?
I'm not really hungry, but by the time I get home, I'm thinking it'll be chicken wings.

16. Did you dream last night?
Yes. I almost always do.

17. What was the last TV show you watched?
"Iron Chef America," of all things. I used to be a big "Iron Chef" fan (the Asian version), but I've never really gotten into the new version.

18. What is your fav piece of jewelery?
I don't wear jewelry. Probably my Brother's Pin from my fraternity.

19. What is to the left of you?
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the blog with you.

20. What was the last thing you ate?
One whole Blimpie Best sub, with LTO, mayo, O/V, oregano and those crushed red peppers I must be the only one who gets, since the dude at the store recognizes me and digs them out from the fridge on sight.

21. Who is your best friend of the opposite sex?
Probably Sari.

22. Who last MSN'd you?
I don't have MSN. Last person I AIM'd with was probably Stewie.

23. Where is your significant other right now?
My imagination? At the end of my left wrist?

24. Do you have a crush?
Not really.

25. What is his/her name?
I don't know, but she's probably out of my league.

26. When was the last time you had your hair cut?
Funny you should ask: yesterday morning.

27. Are you on any meds?
Yup.

28. Do you have a mental disease?
Yup.

29. What shirt are you wearing?
A 10-year-old softball T-shirt that's still in perfect shape (no fading, no holes, it's amazing) and a fancy light sweater from Express Men.

30. Are you sexy?
If I have to think about how to qualify it, the answer's probably "no."

31. What's your favourite store?
A bookstore. Pretty much any bookstore. Especially if they have music and DVDs, too.

32. Are you thirsty?
No, but I have to pee really bad. This is a long survey.

33. Can you imagine yourself ever getting married?
Yes. I mean, I got engaged once, so I'd better be able to imagine it. Or accept that my love life reached its high-water mark at 19.

34. Who's someone you haven't seen in a while and miss?
Sari, since she left the paper. I miss her every day, Monday through Friday.

35. Where do you work?
A big ol' newspaper. Not telling which one, as per my standard policy.

There, that wasn't too bad, was it? A happy post! Yay! Bunnymunkee!

2 Comments:

Stewie said...

Yay!

Now I shall refrain from posting my bear eats monkey pics.

Sorry to hear Sari left. I know how much you two got along.

Ace said...

I saw those pictures! How horrible. Badbear! Deadmunkee.

Google