Thursday, May 11, 2006

Helping out the Lesley

So, if I say I heard of an Asian place called WildOily, I'll bet you're thinking it's one of those massage parlors, right?

Turns out, it's a Chinese restaurant. At least according to The Lesley, who put out an urgent call for help because of some kind of Google madness I don't fully understand.

But she said her readers should blog about it, so I am.

What the hell kind of name for a restaurant is that, anyway? I remember driving past the "Hard Wok Buffet" once. But even that was kind of funny.

Then there was the time I thought "Frank's Chicken House" was a fried chicken place. You know, when a couple of my food-loving buddies recommended I go, I figured, yum! Nope. Strip club. With imported Russian stripper slaves. Which is probably why it's not called Delilah's and under new management.

And then there was the reason I didn't eat Vietnamese food for years. My college buddies went downtown one day and all came back with business cards from "My Dung Vietnamese Restaurant."

I told that story to a co-worker with a Vietnamese wife years later, and he told me the "D" is pronounced like a "Y." I asked him how he knew, he said "Dung" is his wife's name.

Speaking of things you put in your mouth, my foot needed washing between the toes.

So now this place. WildOily. Two things I really don't want in my food. I like my food dead, and if I want it that greasy, I'll call the lousy Chinese place near the office. I'll bet they deliver quicker (nine minutes or less! hot food! no lie!).

Don't send me mean e-mails for mocking this place. I don't care what you think, I've never been there, am never going there and am just helping a friend/fellow blogger.

Heck, they don't even have a Web site I can link to. Don't believe me, go Google "WildOily" and see what you find. Of course, you might just aggravate the Lesley. And we don't want that!

2 Comments:

Lesley said...

Yay! Thanks, Ace!

You *officially* rock!

Unknown said...

I believe I am in charge of determing who rocks, however that post had me laughing my ass off.

Google