Friday, May 12, 2006

How I'm feeling today

Today's Civil War quote comes courtesy of Confederate Brig. Gen. Abner Perrin, who vowed before the battle of Spotsylvania that he'd come out of the fight a live major general or a dead brigadier.

The way things are going at work, the coming months could well be my chance to make a real name for myself. Or it could kill me.

I'm trying to keep my chin up, but it's getting tougher by the day. Things aren't good. But where there is chaos, there is opportunity. If I want it, because I believe in my soul that if I do, I can take it.

I just don't know if I do.

I broke my Blood Bowl guys out of storage the other day, and I bought some paints. I'm hoping the painting may not only enable me to finally play the darn game (since I'll have two shiny, happy teams instead of one), but soothe my aching soul. Calming art. (Or frustrating as hell, but with a real sense of accomplishment at the end.)

I keep trying to cheer myself up. Funny how a little while back, I didn't have to. Don't worry, it's not the depression. It's the frustration.

By the way, Perrin was carried off the field at Spotsylvania, a dead brigadier. At least he was a man of his word.

Links:
"And Then A.P. Hill Came Up," one of the Net's great Civil War sites

3 Comments:

Stewie said...

I can't say shit to cheer you up, or get your frustration level down, so I won't try.

But I will say you have a movie premier in less than a month.

That, sir, is rock fucking solid.

Nicki said...

Hope it gets better soon. The harder the capture, the sweeter the reward.

Aric Blue said...

Blood Bowl? Sounds like your girlfriend's on the rag and forgot to flush the toilet.

Seriously, I have no idea what else it could be.

Google