Thursday, April 26, 2007

Recovery time!

If you're wondering, yes, I'm back from Scotland.

I've just been a bit busy. I'll get to stuff like reformatting the above-linked Lowlands Diary soon. Just got some stuff to catch up on the next couple of weeks and then, presto! Suddenly, my life is (relatively) easier.

So pardon the relative lack of postage the past, and next, few days.

One thing that's occupied my mind recently, just to give y'all something to discuss amongst yourselves: Am I really that transparent?

Everybody's telling me how happy I look, and when the subject of Marisa comes up, inevitably people seem to be asking things like, "Are you going to get married?"

We haven't even been dating for three months (almost!). And yes, even if I am (relatively, this is me we're talking about...) deliriously happy, does it show that much?

Was I that much of a downer before that even the remotest bit of happiness has people wondering if I'm off ring shopping*?

Wait. Don't answer that.

My high school tennis coach used to say you could tell how my match was going from across the park, so I guess I'm not really that good at hiding my emotions. Maybe it's just been so long since I've been this happy - if I ever have - that I've forgotten how I look.

And some people, who haven't known me as long as I have, have never seen me that way.

Not that I'm complaining about being happy. But I think it's ruining my reputation as a glowering, snark- and venom-spewing, anti-social barbarian.

Eh. You win some, you lose some.

(* Oh, and if you're wondering, those rings have gotten damn expensive since the last time I went nosing around about one. Not that I bought one. I just asked. Mom.)

3 Comments:

Nicki said...

Two months' salary, baby. Two months.

Anonymous said...

Ahem ..... now who was it that a certain Ace was meant to contact whilst he was in the U.K. ?????

jin said...

Ahhh.....been to busy to comment *sorry!* but I have been following your diary. Sounds like a really interesting trip!

Yay! Mookie endorses me! :-D

That entitles him to an extra special treat in his next Sweetbox!
:-D

Google