Sunday, November 26, 2006

I did it!


Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner


"Throne of the Living Dead: A high-fire melodrama in 50 parts" clocked in at 53,690 words this morning, ahead of the Nov. 30 deadline, making me officially one of life's winners!

What I'm going to do with it, I don't know. But I did it. I wrote a (short) novel.

I find myself thinking, given the structure, that it would make a great series of blog posts. After all, when I say it's in 50 parts, I mean it.

Before I do anything with it, though, I have to revise it and touch it up. I think I've put enough effort in, and it has become such a good thing, that it deserves at least that much extra work. I mean, at the very least, a spell-check. And figuring out if I've got stalactites and stalagmites backward.

But before any of that, I'm going to take a nice, long nap. And probably not write anything serious for the rest of the week.

(So, until next time: I did it! Munkee win-ded! Yay! Yay! Yay!)

4 Comments:

jin said...

WOO-HOOOOOO!!!!
*jin jumps for joy*

"CONGRATULATIONS"

:-D

Awesome Munkee!

Stewie said...

Congrats bro!!!!

Unknown said...

Big congrats.
I thinking blogging it would be a good idea.
Second and you probably already know this, but it makes it easier for me to remember...
stalactites have to hold on tight and
stalagmites might reach the ceiling.

Aric Blue said...

Congrats! But can we call a 10-year moratorium on the use of the phrase "living dead"?

Google