Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My latest toy!


My latest toy/addiction is this little Radica "20 Questions" game.

Really, it's Marisa's game, but I stole it.

And it's amazing. Usually it gets what you're thinking of in 20 questions - sometimes 25 - and you can think of all kinds of unusual things.

I mean, in one trip to the... um, in one session, it got "ghost," "butterfly" and "toilet."

It probably helps that after about the fifth time it guessed, I stopped picking "monkey" as my word.

It was like that scene in Ocean's 11when the twins are playing.

"Is it a person?"
"Yes."
"Is he alive?"
"Yes."
"Evel Knievel."
"(Bleep!)"

So once I stopped picking "monkey," it started getting good.

I thought of Norton, it guessed "mutt." I thought of Morgan, it guessed "dachshund."

And so forth.

I tried animals. Vegetables (it does have trouble with "blueberries," I'll say). Minerals. Others. Unknowns.

Every now and then, you have to give it the benefit of the doubt. I thought "bed," it guessed "mattress." Close enough, I say.

What a great little invention. The perfect time-waster.

And so smart.

Munkees love toys!

(Aside, M bought the "People" version for a friend for the holidays, and while cool, it's not nearly as fun. For one thing, unlike version 1.0, it's a lousy guesser. For another, you really have to know a lot about the person you pick, or it gets confusing. On the upside, it has an "undo" button if you answer wrong.)

Get your own here!

And hey, go vote in the poll! Question No. 1 from the Great Toy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty damn cool for under $10.

Lesley said...

I played with one of the 20Q's at Target. Since I have the sense of humor of an adolescent boy, you can just imagine what word I was thinking of.

It guessed tongue.

I was totally impressed!

Nicki said...

I've played with one of those before. It freaked me out. Or at least made me feel completely unoriginal.

Google