Thursday, January 04, 2007

Everybody else is doing it...

Aric and Stewie did "best of 2006" posts, so I stole Freak's blog title and thought I'd do my own.

What can I say? I'm a lemming.


So, "with no ado whatsoever," here's my best of 2006.

(Much like the Oscars, it's going to be heavily weighted toward the end of the year... sue me.)


Best book: I'm going to go with "Dark Harvest," by Norman Partridge, from Cemetery Dance. A really terrific little horror thriller.



Best book, Civil War: "The Generals of Gettysburg," by Larry Tagg. A series of short, but thorough biographies of every brigade-level commander on up, North and South, who fought at the Civil War's signature battle.



Best CD: The "Snakes on a Plane" soundtrack. You might be able to tell if you watch the "My lousy taste in music" display below, but I'm completely addicted to Cobra Starship's "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)" single.


Best experience: The "Dead Hunt" premiere, back in June, and the public premiere, at HorrorFind in August. That's me and my proud parents at the June show above. (Rest in peace, Don. I hope I did you proud.)



Best movie, in general: "The Descent," the follow-up to "Dog Soldiers" by Neil Marshall. Great, scary, scary movie. Best one of the year on several horror fans' lists.



Best movie, in theater: "Snakes on a Plane," which I saw the same day as "The Descent," in New York. I differentiate because "SoaP" was just an experience to be enjoyed. "Descent" is a better film. "SoaP" was more fun.


Best score: My PlayStation 3, which I got more or less by blind luck. Blu-Ray, baby! I'm in the high-def DVD wars! Score!


(Photo by Hawaiian Fire)

Best vacation: Do you really have to ask? Hawaii, baby!

2 Comments:

Dino said...

I can't wait until we have enough money to go on a hawaiian vacation

jin said...

Nice post! I've seen a few of these now & am tempted to do my own.....maybe.
Then again
maybe not.
;-)

Love the pix!
Looks like you've got great parents, too. They must be so proud!

I hope your munkeebugeyes have gone back to normal! LOL! Sorry about the 'scare'!
LMAO!!!!

Google