Friday, January 12, 2007

So much for Shawshank

OK, I was late for my haircut this morning (surprise!) and when I sat down to kick on a pair of shoes, I accidentally punted one across the room.

So I just sort of stuck my bare foot into whatever was there and hurried out. Wearing one sneaker (right foot) and one dress shoe (left foot).

My theory was, I'm only going from the car to the haircut place and back. And like they say in "The Shawshank Redemption,"who ever notices a man's shoes?

I'm two feet into the place where I get my hair cut and Karen, the nice lady who cuts my hair, asks me, "Do you know you're wearing two different shoes?"

Busted.

Thatquick.

And I discovered, through some manipulation of mirrors, that I've got a little thin spot (thin hair, that is) on the back of my head. Great. Guess in a few more years I'll be getting my hair cut even shorter.

Plus, I decided to seek professional help with my diet this time around (since I've gained back most of the weight I lost on my own the last couple of years). I joined Weight Watchers online.

Now I get to count points like everybody else.

The good news is, you get to fill out cool little forms with everything you eat. The bad news is, I'm already over my points limit for the day. I didn't know! I didn't even know I was going to sign up! It's not my fault!

Munkee!

I'm scared. But when little munkees look down, and all they see is munkeetummy, it's time to go on munkeediet.

So it's been a strange day, to say the least.

1 Comment:

Nicki said...

I've gone out in a blue and black shoe before, but never a different KIND. Being a guy must make life so easy in that respect.

Google