Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans, I salute you

Those of you who know me know how I feel about the soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen who serve our country.

Today, on Veterans Day, let's remember the sacrifices and strength of those who risk their lives to keep us free.

Particularly, for me, the sacrifices of our Vietnam veterans are at the forefront of my mind on a day like this.

And, too, those who are overseas now, fighting in the Middle East. Whether or not we agree with the war, the just and right thing to do is support our troops. Let's get the job done and get them home!

So, veterans, I salute you. God bless you, and thanks.

Links:
Veterans Day
America supports its veterans

And while we're remembering people, let's pause for a moment to think of Moustapha Akkad, the producer of the eight "Halloween" movies, who was killed in the recent terrorist bombings in Jordan, along with his daughter, Rima Akkad Monla. Rest in Peace, and thanks for the memories, Mr. Akkad. Those of you who know me know my love for horror movies, and this truly is a loss to the horror world. My sympathies to the Akkad family, and the families of all those lost in this tragedy.

0 Comments:

Google