Tuesday, November 15, 2005

10 (dix) Questions

So I was watching a commercial for "Inside the Actors Studio," and it made me want to look up the 10 questions James Lipton, the host, asks at the end of each show.

It turns out, some Internet research uncovered, that these questions were originated by a French guy, Bernard Pivot, on his own show, "Bouillon de Culture."

(The classic "Three Kings" joke about Kuwaiti bullion: "No, not the little cubes you put in hot water to make soup.")

So here are the 10 questions, and my answers. Since I'll probably never find myself inside the Actors Studio, except maybe in the audience.

01. What is your favorite word?
Monkey. (Duh.)

02. What is your least favorite word?
The n-word. It can be so uncomfortable, and wrong.

03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Creatively: Brilliance in art. Magnificence, uniqueness.
Spiritually: Love, I know it sounds odd, but that gives me faith.
Emotionally: Comfort, warmth, touch.

04. What turns you off?
Fat women in tight clothes. Haha. Really, ugliness, not just in the physical sense.

05. What is your favorite curse word?
Fuck, and all its uses and variations. How do they answer this one on TV? I haven't watched the show that much.

06. What sound or noise do you love?
Applause. The cheer of the crowd. Or maybe that soft noise the girl you love makes when she snuggles up against you in the dark. Is that a moan? A purr? A grunt?

07. What sound or noise do you hate?
Anything loud and unexpected.

08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Actor. (That's probably one no one ever says on "Inside the Actors Studio.") Astronaut. Salvage diver. Locksmith. Hockey player. I've got a million of 'em. I'm not counting screenwriter. I think that counts as one I've done.

09. What profession would you not like to do?
Plumber. Nothing against them, but I'm not playing in other people's shit for a living.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Ideally, "Come on in, we've got ice cream!" But I'd take, "You did alright." I'm not sure I'm going to make it, though. I hope so.

Links:
Here's where I got the questions from
"Inside the Actors Studio"
James Lipton
Bernard Pivot

Feel free to list your own answers in the comments, or put 'em on your blog and let me know. We're stimulating thought today, while we wait for our laundry to dry. And yes, that's the royal "we."

0 Comments:

Google