Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white... Halloween?

First snowfall today.

This may not really be a big deal to those of you readers from Wisconsin or Canada.

But those in the Tri-State area may sometimes hear the New York radio stations refer to "north and west of the City" as the area where the bad weather hits. That's where I live.

And thus, we get winter a little sooner than many other Jerseyans. Like today, when it rained in Newark. And we had 3 inches of snow on the ground when I headed out into the Sussex County afternoon.

The last 35 minutes of my daily 50-minute commute took 35 minutes.

The first 15 took two hours.

That was fun.

1 Comment:

Lesley said...

Having spent most of my life in the New York metropolitan area, I've always wondered who those mythical "north and west of the City" people are. Now I can say I know one!

Google