Friday, May 09, 2008

The tide has turned

So today, I tried out a pizza place I discovered on my way to work.

Friday being my usual food-indulgence day, I went with a pair of favorites: a cheesesteak and some slices of pizza.

I got a menu in there the other day, so I called ahead.

And when I got there, I was saddened to notice one of the specials was a portobello mushroom, roasted peppers and mozzarella sub. And I found myself thinking, man, I would've ordered that instead of the cheesesteak.

Wait.

So I would've passed up my third-favorite food ever, for a vegetarian sub?

What's happening to me?

From the Dept. of Irony and Oddities:
Presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain was in New Jersey today. I heard the report on the radio, and I'm not sure what made my head explode the hardest:

1. That he talked about defending the environment if elected.
2. That he then disputed a report he failed to vote for George Bush in 2000, over Al "Mr. Environment" Gore.
3. Or that Gore's running mate, "Traitor Joe" Lieberman, was on the podium with McCain.

2 Comments:

Nicki said...

I can tell you what's happened to you.

*sound of whip cracking*

The best thing ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Agreed with Freak.

The day you you turn down a cheesesteak for a mushroom sub is the same day you start shopping for dresses.

lol

Google