Monday, May 26, 2008

She got her first kill today

I was awakened this morning by shrieks.

Well, actually, I was awakened this morning by Marisa jumping up and down and singing "Good morning to you," but shortly after, under pressure, I'd staggered from the bed, the screaming started.

We had a mouse in the basement a few weeks back. Did I mention that?

Somehow, it managed to evade both Pumpkin the Attack Cat and Marisa.

Well, sometime last night, the mouse dared one raid to many.

And my mother is no longer the only mouse-killer in the family.

Needless to say, I'm quite proud of my attack cat, who left us one dead gift in the middle of the living room floor.

She was quite proud, too. She kept rubbing herself against it. Lovely.



I think maybe we'll get her one of those teardrop tattoos.

It's that, or start stamping little mice on her side, like a fighter plane, but I'm not sure she'll sit still long enough for that.

And yes, Marisa made me throw the corpse out.

On a more serious note, it's Memorial Day, and God bless those brave souls who served and died for their country, and God bless the families left behind. Honor and cherish their memories, and peace be with you.

1 Comment:

Marisa L. S. said...

Tag!!!

Google