Sunday, May 25, 2008

A glimpse into a twisted mind


I was about to update my What I'm Reading list when I realized perhaps my latest entries might offer a glimpse into my twisted mind.

Or at least, offer an example of why my blog is so completely off-topic so much of the time.

I just banged through two horror LEs, Jeff Strand's twisted horror-comedy short-story collection, "Gleefully Macabre Tales," and Clive Barker's "The Hellbound Heart" - the story on which the "Hellraiser" movies are based.

And now I'm re-reading Stephen W. Sears' "Landscape Turned Red," one of the great Civil War historian's books, on the battle of Antietam (outside Sharpsburg, Maryland).

I can offer no better explanation for why these particular books than, "I felt like it."

I'm not sure what that says about me. Perhaps I'm a Renaissance man. Or perhaps I'm simply a raving loon.

0 Comments:

Google