Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Vacation, all I ever wanted!

So I'm taking my first extended vacation of the year - spending most of my three weeks on the wedding/honeymoon, ya know - and it's been interesting to say the least.

And fun as heck, to say what amounts to the most!

Tuesday: Marisa and I went to the Martha Stewart show. Yeah, my first day off, I'm up at 5:30 in the freakin' morning. I told M it would be a live show because of Earth Day, but she didn't believe me. Needless to say, my crunchy granola fiancee (and I say that with love) was thrilled to death to see Martha's tips on saving the planet. Anyway, it was far more fascinating than it sounds, and we got lots of cool stuff. M made a better post on it. Go read it, then come back. We also had a nice vegan-type lunch.


Wednesday: This was really the fun part (well, after struggling to wake up at 8 a.m.; for crying out loud, I've gotten up before 10 five days in a row, and only worked one!): We headed down the Shore to get our engagement photos taken by the fantastic Josh Lynn, and we had a blast at the Jenkinson's Boardwalk. Going down the Shore, I might add, was my idea. Even if M picked the place. Anyway, as you can see, the photos came out fabulously. Go check out more of our pictures at Josh's blog. (Thanks, dude, you rule!) I hope I look as much in love as I feel. It was a great time! Then we had another vegan-type lunch. M's got more about that one, too.

Thursday: To be determined! But probably something less exciting, like cleaning the house or unpacking some yet-undiscovered boxes of stuff from the move. And probably more of the less-fun part of the wedding prep.

Then, after a day back in the office, this weekend, it's off to cover the NFL Draft for Raiderfans.net for the fourth year. My favorite time of the year, when hope springs eternal for my guys in Silver & Black!

You still here? Go see our pictures!

2 Comments:

Marisa L. S. said...

Awww, who's that cute couple?

Nicki said...

Tres adorable. You look great, darlin'!! You look like you've lost a lot of weight.

Google