Tuesday, May 15, 2007

She said yes!

As of Sunday night, I am engaged!

After a small scavenger hunt that included most every room in my house, most every stuffed monkey in my possession and a few trips up and down the stairs, Marisa ended up on my back balcony, where I asked her to marry me.

As the title says, she said yes.

Which officially makes me the happiest munkee on the planet.

It was a good day. My first day engaged to her, my first day as the boss of my copy desk, the first day of the rest of my life.

I'm not a religious man, but I actually paused to thank God for the blessings in my life, something I don't do often enough, but do more often now that I have her, and truly know what it means to be blessed.

I always tell her she's the third-best thing that ever happened to me, because you have to understand the circumstances of my life. Getting out of Vietnam, and even better, being given to my parents, will always have to be No. 1 and No. 2, because without them, I would have nothing, and that includes her.

But there's nothing in my life since I was two months old that can top the way I feel every day I'm with her.

From our first date, when we talked for hours amid all the nervousness and evaluation, to the night we stayed up all night talking, to that scaredmunkee first kiss, to the first night we spent together, to the first time, well, nevermind that, but you get the point. My life changed.

I can't remember the last time I truly believed my life was good, and wasn't just talking myself into it. My life has been good since the day we met.

It probably seems sudden, after just three and a half months, but when you know in your heart and soul that something is so wonderful, and patience isn't your strong suit, you just can't wait.

So I couldn't wait. I know what I want. Who I want. For the rest of my life.

Evidently, she agrees. Because she said yes. And made me the happiest munkee alive. But I said that already.

Now, how to get a wedding cake imported from Wisconsin...

22 Comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!

I should be making the same leap in the very near future... hopefully. Glad you are so content in your life now, that is a great feeling I am sure.

Thanks for the offer (on my blog) maybe when I am closer to making a purchase I will let you do just that. After I make an 11 page thread about it on Horrortalk of course. LOL.

Again, congrats to you both. :)

(is stewie going to be the maid of honor?)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ace!

This sounds like it's a wonderful time in your life, and I wish you and her all the best.

Stewie said...

Congrats, brother!

As I've said before, it couldn't happen to a more deserving person!

And, shiki, maid of honor is old news. Been there, done that.

Congrats to you both, again!!

Oh, and screw ordering the wedding cake from Wisconsin! I'll make Lesley post The Best Cake Ever.

Nicki said...

Wow. So it IS serious!

Congratufuckinglations!!! It's about TIME our little munkee man found something that made him happy beyond all else. I'm so happy for you, darlin'. So, so, happy. I wish you all the best and all that other stuff, but I suspect any wishes you could ask for have already come true.

MWAH!! BIG KISSES!!

When's the date? Where's it going to be? Big wedding or small one? Did she cry when you asked? What'd the ring look like? Oh man, there are so many questions to be asked.

Mitch Klein said...

Congratulations!!

All the best for your future together.

And congrats on the promotion, too.

Dino said...

congrats. I wish you a long and happy life together.

Lesley said...

Best Cake Ever

It's a cake. Made out of meat. 'Nuff said!

Marisa L. S. said...

We're hoping it'll be August 3, 2008. Wedding size around 100 to 120 people. Look at my blog to see a pic of the ring with a clue and stuffed monkey. I didn't really cry but I was shaking for 24 hours after! I knew it was coming and i had a feeling it might be that night. He was so nervous and pretty obvious all weekend long. I think the shock is wearing off but I can't stop staring at my ring!

Lesley said...

OMG, I left you the meat cake link and didn't bother saying congratulations. Seriously, how tacky am I?!! For the record, I said congrats on Marisa's blog!

But anyway, congratulations! I'm very happy for you both, and I wish you every happiness for your future!

btw, I was wondering, does this mean that you both get to be in a commercial for match-dot-com? I was just wondering if that's how it works. ;)

Marisa L. S. said...

We will do it if they pay for the wedding!

Lesley said...

LOL! Maybe they will! In fact, that should be the rule! Hmmm... maybe this means Real and I can get Blogger to pay for ours! Uh... if we get married, that is.

Ace said...

Oy, where to begin?

First of all, thanks, everyone!

Fnord: I hope when you make the leap you have all the happiness in the world!

Ron: Thanks, man!

Stewie: If you're on my side, can you still be a bridesmaid?

Freak: Thanks! I think M answered all your questions.

Mitch: Thanks! I want a DVD as a present!

D aka K: Thanks!

Lesley: Thanks! You know she's a vegetarian, right? So more cake for me!

Yay!

Unknown said...

Very big congrats.
I wish nothing but happiness for both of you.

jin said...

WOO-HOO congratulations you two!!!
:-D
*jin jumps up & down*

I do hope that 'meat cake' was intended as a joke...OMG that's the most repulsive thing I've ever seen! (Although I'd bet they could make a fortune selling it by delivery only to couch potatoes all over the US...)

Hmmm....I haven't posted pics of my "Wedding Cake Cookies" yet, have I? Four things you might like to know:
1. They are perfect
2. They taste awesome
3. They are shippable
4. Refer to #1

;-)

Lesley said...

Hmmmm... the cake o' meat would be problematic then. Stewie will be sad.

I went to a wedding once that had these favors. I kid you not. There were monkeys on the cake too but alas, I did not get a picture.

Stewie said...

Eric, get a small meat cake.

That thing looks damn tasty.

Plus I'll be there bearing gifts.

I WILL BE PAYING FOR THAT CAKE IN MY OWN WAY!

Mitch Klein said...

A DVD it is :)

Marisa L. S. said...

No meat cakes. But I do want an ice cream sundae bar.

Marisa L. S. said...

I don't think we're registered for any dvds. Ha.

Ace said...

Hey, a "Dead Hunt" DVD would make my year perfect!

Not Ashley said...

Congratulations to both of you.

Aric Blue said...

congrats. no kids though. kids ruin everything...

Google