Saturday, April 08, 2006

Musical Meme Me-me-me!

In the interests of posting something more cheerful, my latest ripoff from the blogworld of chain-survey-thingys.

I stole this from Freak, who stole it from somewhere else.

Basically, take your MP3 player or whatever, put it on shuffle/random, and play a lucky 13 songs. Then use them as answers to the following questions. And comment.

Kind of like a high-tech/hi-fi Tarot.

I listened to most of these on my commute home, and the rest once I got there. Enjoy.

How does the world see you?
"Here to Stay (remix)" by Korn
Makes sense, I guess. I'm stubborn like that.

Will I have a happy life?
"Masquerade" by Berlin
I always wondered if I was faking my happiness. Evidently so.

What do my friends really think of me?
"If U Can't Dance" by the Spice Girls
Not seeing this one. I know I can't dance. Never thought of it as a defining characteristic.

What do people secretly think of me?
"Only the Young" by Journey
What, you expected old, mature, wise people to run around saying "Munkee!"?

How can I be happy?
"The Prophet Said" by Lacuna Coil
Figures. I don't understand the song, or the selection.

What should I do with my life?
"Suite Sister Mary" by Queensryche
Evidently the answer is revolutionary and/or assassin. Well, they do call me the Hitman...

What is some good advice for me?
"End of the Road" by Murder By Death
Right. Don't get caught stealing and killing, or you get to ride the lightning. Good call.

How will I be remembered?
"Stork: Orphan in My Room" by Chick
Well, it's true. I am an orphan. But the song's about an orphan who is mad about it. I'm not.

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Mouse Robot/Blasting Off" from "Star Wars"
OK, so an instrumental is a bit anticlimactic. But I like that my theme song is something from "Star Wars."

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Ruby Tuesday (live)" by the Rolling Stones
They have the most amazing buffalo chicken wontons at Ruby Tuesday... sound gross, taste great. Oh, wait...

What song will play at my funeral?
"Let It Be (live)" by Paul McCartney
Not a big McCartney fan, but it makes sense. I'm a believer in letting it be.

What type of women do you like?
"Is There Something I Should Know" by Duran Duran
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm drawn to the ones nobody understands, including me.

What is my day going to be like?
"C'est La Vie" by Robbie Nevil
Yeah, that about sums it up, doesn't it?

4 Comments:

Nicki said...

That was cool, but dude, Spice Girls?

Anonymous said...

Spice Girls ? Wow, I didn't know they even made it Stateside.

One of these days I must try to improve your musical tastes.

Stewie said...

How is Murder By Death?

I've heard of them, but never heard them.

Ace said...

Stewie, that one song is actually the only one I have, off the Masters of Horror soundtrack. It was good.

Google