Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wiki-Meme!

I got tagged by Stewie for this one... just when I was getting ready to finally write something lengthy... an excuse not to!

It's a Wikipedia survey.

Rules: You go to Wikipedia, type in your birthday (month and day) & you list 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and tag 5 friends.

Events:
1. 1429 - English Forces under Sir John Fastolf defend a supply convoy carrying rations to the army besieging Orleans from attack by the Comte de Clermont and John Stuart in the Battle of Rouvray (also known as the Battle of the Herrings).
Because I just finished a book about the 1415 Battle of Agincourt, which also mentioned Sir John Fastolf (a friend of Henry V; a possible inspiration for Shakespeare's "Falstaff"?).

2. 1973 - Vietnam War: The first United States prisoners of war are released by the Viet Cong.
Because I'm from South Vietnam, and try to have as much empathy and love as I can for the Americans who fought and suffered and died there, in part so I could live my own little American dream.

3. 1999 - President Bill Clinton is acquitted by the United States Senate in his impeachment trial.
Because we impeached a president for lying about a blow job, but we can't seem to impeach one for lying about a war.

Births:
1. 1809 - Charles Darwin, English naturalist.
I'll bet you thought I was going to say Abraham Lincoln, also born Feb. 12, 1809. Too easy! ... But I figured, hey, while I'm harping on a lousy Republican president (see #3, above), I'd rub it in by pointing out the fellow who came up with that pesky evolution thing.

2. 1930 - Arlen Specter, U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania.
So the Republicans don't think I'm being unfair, here's one I actually like.

Holiday:
1. Red Hand Day.
Read the definition and you'll see it's one worth giving some attention, the better for the world to notice. That, and "Lincoln's Birthday" and "Darwin Day" (see #1, above) were just too obvious, "Georgia Day" too parochial and "National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial)" just too freakin' strange.

Tags:
Well, let's try Marisa (because I can), Jin (because she's not busy enough), Jewels (because she goes with Jin), Norman (just to torture some other poor bugger who's moving) and Mike (just to see if he's still reading).

2 Comments:

jin said...

Sept. 12th
Mine sucks. :-P
lol.
mebbe I'll post it anyway...sometime.....
uh....or mebbe not.

WV= rfmfk
(I must be tired cos it just sounds funny to me!)

Stewie said...

For some reason, I was glad you had a Vietnamese connection.

Odd.

Google